View Single Post
Old March 22nd 21, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default 2021 Soaring Safari

On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 5:04:46 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Hey Bob,

Aren't you limited to 24 hours after the flight for posting on OLC? Let
those old fogies be embarrassed! And get a winch!

Dan
5J
On 3/21/21 6:21 PM, wrote:
On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 11:51:01 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Is there any reason why you guys don't post on the OLC?
I haven't seen anything from down there....
Nick
T

Nick, there are a couple that post on OLC, last year we posted on OLC and the Seniors contest was being conducted at the same time and we made them look pretty bad with our Bloody Triangles. This year we told our people to refrain from posting until the Seniors were completed. As you may well know we fly triangles down here in South Florida and the motor glider guys up in Clermont just fly up and down and back and forth. As Purist we try not to stink up the sky with those carbon credit emissions. I wish that I could jump out of the tow plane and get into the 27 and possibly go around Lake O once again, just might try that again this week.
Each day we have had good flights, even today we were once again skirting the sky having a good time flying gliders, except I once again had my butt in the Pawnee. Our Safari started on the 12th of the month and I have done almost 80 tows since the beginning of the event.
Our consumption of grilled dogs and burgers along with steamed shrimp has been pretty impressive, as they say, " Keep Those Doggies Rolling". Also the cold beer at the end of the day always caps off a great event. So all I can say Nick, is come on down and enjoy the fun, we even have some wonderful female pilots here from the WSPA, they love me! Bob

Dan, we are doing quiet well with the Safari, some very good flights have been made and we are just in the beginning. Carol Ann has been flying well and many others are coming for the event. Just today another possible participant called and asked to be a part of the Safari. Even bigger plans are in place for next year, We are thinking about having two events per year, possibly one around turkey day and another will be the spring safari. The weather down in South Florida is much better than the Central and North Florida areas. We are staying very busy and are having a blast, evenings are especially nice with cold beverages and great conversations. Bob