Old April 27th 18, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar

On Fri, 27 Apr 2018 15:01:45 -0700, chip.bearden wrote:

It also appears that at least one pilot has installed TopHat on an Open
Vario platform running Android.

If you can find one and don't mind a 3.5" screen, I'd recommend the Medion
S.3747 navigation device. Its got a nice, bright transreflective screen,
so is readable with direct sun on it. The colours are a lot denser than
they were on the somewhat pastel iPAQs. It has a built-in pressure
sensor, 1600 mAh and easily accessable battery, a micro-SD slot (under
the battery so you're unlikely to lose the card),
can transfer data between a PC and the micro-SD card, and is a lot better
made than the average PNA, probably because it was intended for use by
walkers as well as drivers. I got mine in 2014 and run LK8000 on it.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org