Old May 7th 04, 04:49 AM
jer

Scott, you got 100 percent bad advice in the previous responders.

If you look at the data on pitot tubes and their sensitivity to angle you
will find that they are very tolerant of angles even in excess of stall
angles.

The airspeed calibration is very sensitive to the static system, almost
anything will work for the pitot side. Get the pitot out of the boundary
layer and out from behind anything that gives turbulent air and
it will work fine.

In article HDCmc.32805$Ia6.5547422@attbi_s03, Scott Lowrey
wrote:
Yep, I thought about this after sending. I didn't pick up on the "CAS
vs. IAS" concept too well during my early training - I thought of the
error as more of a machine-design-thing than an aerodynamic issue.
Makes good sense.

Thanks!