Old November 6th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
dlevy[_1_]

Default GPSMap 396 Power Cable

Mine just failed too...... however, that thing is absolutely the greatest
thing since sliced bread. I went on vacation last week and spent 30 minutes
in imc (a new record for me) all the while knowing there was no convective
activity. I broke out at 2,500 feet and landed visually. I put it in the
rental car, punched "direct to", and drove to the hotel with turn by turn
voice instruction. All of the vacation locations were a no brainer. I took
off to go home with ceilings just above 7,000 feet (my assigned altitude).
A completely stress free vacation.

I'm thinking of getting the sonar thing for fishing. The more I get to know
it the more it amazes me.

"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"houstondan" wrote:

the thing needs a "docking station".

Good idea.

It needs *something*. The power plug design is awful; I've had two
failures.

--
Dan
C172RG at BFM