Old November 6th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default GPSMap 396 Power Cable

the thing needs a "docking station".

Good idea.

It needs *something*. The power plug design is awful; I've had two
failures.

I just ordered the AirGizmo "docking station" for our 496. Although
this doesn't address the power plug problem, it sure is a slick-looking
installation, and I'm looking forward to getting it off the co-pilot's
yoke.

While I'm at it, I'm having the shop connect the 496 directly to my PS
Engineering intercom, so that we can take advantage of the XM radio
option. With the AirGizmo ALL the 496 wiring will be behind the panel,
which will sure be nice.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA