Old November 27th 07, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Default New winch height record

brtlmj wrote:

Oh, sure. But what if a club wanted to have one winch for high
launches, located at the far end of a runway, and another one for
circuit practice, located in the middle of the runway?

I don't see the point. I've never felt that a winch launch was too high,
even for primary circuit training. There are always some exercises which
you can do with students. I know a couple of maneuvres which destroy
altitude pretty efficiently... And if everything else fails, you can
always practise a rope break.