Old October 30th 15, 08:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Alternative magnetic compass

On Friday, 30 October 2015 00:00:20 UTC+2, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
My bird has a Butterfly and Lx 90XX with compass option, but I was still require to have a manual compass.

"There's a few varios with that capability." Most interesting point...so if you have an LX80XX or LX90XX you could add the LX Magnetic compass module (expensive) and meet the Flight Manual requirement. http://www.lxnav.com/accessories/compass.html

What other varios?

I ditched my old compass after getting Butterfly Vario as it has built-in compass. So far no one has grounded my glider, and it goes trough EASA ARC-colonoscopy every year.