Old February 22nd 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default ARE RAMP CHECKS RAMPING UP?

"Terry" wrote in message
Does that mean the RC (Ramp Checker) can't demand to see when your
last BFR was? If I understand it, that must be entered in log book.

That is correct. You do not need to carry proof of a current BFR. The RC
can request you send proof but it is not required during the ramp check nor
is proof of current annual or any other maintenance requirements.

On 29 Jan 2006 23:15:05 -0800, "Clay"
wrote:

I have never had any problems during any of the times I have been ramp
checked.
If you have your photo identification, medical, pilot license and the
aircraft is in order, you should have no problems. (If you have your
log books with you, keep it out of sight.) You do not need to show
them your log book or aircraft logs. Student pilots must have their
log book with them.
Turn the inspection into a learning situation. Most inspectors will be
happy to explain what they are looking for during the inspection.