Old September 12th 03, 01:41 PM
mrhct

"Norm Soley" wrote in message
om...
"mrhct" wrote in message

news:Oab7b.2145$pe.1963@lakeread06...
Strange you mention this. My partner at work mentioned some time back

that
he had seen a six engine military fly over Myrtle Beach. I said sure you
did. What he and you probably saw was a C-130. At the right distance and
angle it does appear to have six engines.

Hence my comment (in the original text not the topic) about six
nacelles rather than 6 engines.

Here's a shot taken from about the same angle but closer up than I
was, I see now that what I saw was 4 engines and two, I'm assuming,
fuel tanks. I've also seen pictures with yet another set of underwing
tanks outboard of the engines.

130's have many flavors of wing add-ons. Some are in fact fuel tanks. Others
may have what appear to be tanks but are equipment for re-fueling drogues,
while others may be electronic equipment.