Old November 22nd 05, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying into NYC for Thanksgiving Day Parade

"George Patterson" wrote in message
John Doe wrote:

Am I reading the chart right, As far as the class B airspace goes, if I
come right up the coast and stay below 1500' can I thread the airspace
between jfk and newark and fly right over 'ground zero' on my way to TEB?

Not exactly. The class-B floor dips to 1100' over NY harbor, so you need
to watch out for that. As for the rest, you have to maintain clearance
from buildings and such, so you can't safely fly "right over" anything
except the harbor, the rivers and the bridges unless you get clearance
into the B.

Yup, and if you're not up in the Class B, you can't always fly right over
all the bridges--you have to avoid coming within 500' of the towers.

--Gary