Old November 22nd 05, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Flying into NYC for Thanksgiving Day Parade

Marco Leon mmleonyahoo.com wrote:

From what I've heard, FRG is much more spamcan-friendly than TEB. Small
planes are second-class citizens compared to the biz jets at TEB.

Not true. If you respond promptly to ATC calls, keep your speed up on
final, and know the taxiways and departure procedures at Teterboro, the
controllers and FBOs will give your spamcan the same excellent service as
the corporate jets.

After flying into and out of there every week during the summer of 2004, my
only complaints were the fees, the dirt that accumulated on my aircraft
every week from having to be tied down outside, and the occasional longer
delays getting out of there IFR.

--
Peter