Old May 3rd 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Matt Lauer at Boeing

Did anyone catch the "where in the world is Matt Lauer" episode on
Monday where he visited the Boeing plant in Everett? It was fun for
me to watch as it took me back to the good old days when I was working
on the 777 development.

There was some fun fact stuff about the size of the 777 and the final
assembly building, plus they did some previews of the 787 features.
There was even a bit where Matt looked at the RAT (Ram Air Turbine)
under the belly of the 777 and talked about what it is for, and how
you never want to see one deployed in flight.

The videos of this segment are available on the MSNBC web site.

Dean