Old July 6th 06, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Stadt

Default NetJets Layoff

wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't understand the real world? You sound like my teenage daughter.

I don't recall saying anywhere that I believe the NetJets layoff was
illegal, unlawful, or even wrong. A company that's having financial
problems has to make adjustments to survive, and layoffs are a viable
means.

It cracks me up that a few of you armchair lawyers (who know nothing
about what happened beyond what I wrote) jump in with your judgment
that NetJets did no wrong... when I can't even tell you one way or
another and I've read the documents and spoke with the 'voluntary
resignees'.

HOW a company choses to terminate employees is also done at their
discretion, as long as it is done within the boundaries of the law.
I'd be more than happy to give you an 'unbiased' report, but I've yet
to hear NetJets' side of the story.

Since they must be talking with a few of you in the know, I'm open to
hearing what you know.

Joe

I do believe you were the one that spouted law suit, discrimination and
several other legal opinions. Knowing who runs NetJets my money is on the
fact they had their ducks well lined up and the input you have provided from
sour grapes employees is probably somewhat distant from the truth. Been
there, saw what the employees claimed and knew the truth which was not even
close to what they were saying. Your lack of understanding of who really
pays for unemployment benefits (hint, look at your pay stub) leads one to
believe you might not have a good understanding of the employment laws in
this country. Having laid off numerous long term employees and fired many
for cause over a 25 year period you can bet I know the labor laws involved.
OBTW in case you think my views are one sided I have been on the other side
of the fence three times.

Layoffs suck and those that burn bridges tend to lose in the long run.
Those that see it as an opportunity in large percentages end up better than
they were. It's a 'get over it and get on with life' situation. In the
long run it's not a big deal.