Old April 11th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

Default Avionics Cooling Fan

The avionics fans have nozzles on them to attach a piece of 1"
diameter scat ducting. That's probably what he's looking for.

I found one at Air Salvage of Dallas.

Thanks...

Good deal!

Just as a little aside line, the right kind of auto heater fan outlet could
be easily choked down, and adapted to a smaller hose.

I once needed a fresh air breathing system for painting with polyurethane
auto type paint. I took a fan like an auto heater fan (but ran on 120V) and
adapted the outlet to fit 1 and 1/4" sump pump hose. (very light corrugated
tubing) I ran enough hose to get well outside the spray area, and took a
respirator, took off both filters, taped one shut with good duct tape, taped
a 1" PVC elbow over the other filter mount (it happened to fit perfectly),
made a mounting for the paint gun's hoses and breathing line to fit on my
belt, and went to spraying.

As jury rigged as it sounds, it worked perfectly. It had a high enough flow
to supply a full breath, and the rest went out the outflow valve. I never
smelled even a trace of the paint. Perfect for airplane painting! Cost?
Under ten bucks! g
--
Jim in NC