Old November 25th 03, 12:28 PM
Nils Hoeimyr

In Poland you can get a good refinish at a reasonable price.
Check out http://www.avionic.pl for details. (They did an excellent
job with our 55). But you have the problem of shipping the glider
across the Atlantic, which is probably of the order of 1-2k$ one way.

Nils

Ventus B wrote:
All,
I have been looking into having my glider refinished. Casual
conversations with other pilots revealed that most think a "normal"
refinishing job would cost about $10k. After speaking with Gaines in
Georgia, I believe that is wildly optimistic. Gaines charges $60 per
hour, and he says the wings alone take 300+ hours if they are done
correctly; 500+ hours to do the entire glider! That's more than my
purchase price!
Does anyone know where I might get my glider refinished (properly) in
the US? I'm beginning to think that shipping it overseas may still be
a cheaper option despite the poor exchange rates now.