Old June 25th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,sci.energy

Default New usenet group proposal: sci.energy.biofuel.*

On Jun 24, 10:23 pm, cavelamb himself wrote:
Everyone talks about our terrible dependency on oil -- foreign and
otherwise -- but hardly anyone mentions what it is. Fossil fuel, all
right, but whose fossils? Mostly tiny plants called diatoms, but quite
possibly a few Barney-like creatures went into the mix, like
Stegosaurus, Brontosaurus and other giant reptiles that shared the
Jurassic period with all those diatoms. What we are burning in our cars
and keeping our homes warm or cool with is, in other words, a highly
processed version of corpse juice.

I say to my fellow humans: It's time to stop feeding off the dead and
grow up! I don't know about food, but I have a plan for achieving fuel
self-suffiency in less time than it takes to say "Arctic National
Wildlife Refuge." The idea came to me from reports of the growing crime
of French fry oil theft: certain desperate individuals are stealing
restaurants' discarded cooking oil, which can then be used to fuel cars.
So the idea is, Why not could skip the French fry phase and harvest
high-energy hydrocarbons right from ourselves?

I'm talking about liposuction, of course, and it's a mystery to me why
it hasn't occurred to any of those geniuses who are constantly opining
about fuel prices on MSNBC. The average liposuction removes about half a
gallon of liquid fat, which may not seem like much. But think of the
vast reserves our nation is literally sitting on! Thirty percent of
Americans are obese, or about 90 million individuals or 45 million
gallons of easily available fat -- not from dead diatoms but from our
very own bellies and butts.

(The Nation) This column was written by Barbara Ehrenreich.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4205088.shtml

The FDA would lever allow it. Sucking fat out of peoples asses would
put great
hazard to them being stabbed in the brain with the hose.