Old August 28th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
GeorgeC[_2_]

Default acronym for passenger safety instruction?

S for seat belts fastened for taxi, takeoff, landing; shoulder harnesses
fastened for takeoff, landing; seat position adjusted and locked into place.

A for air vents (location and operation); all environmental controls
(discussed); action in case of any passenger discomfort.

F for fire extinguisher (location and operation).

E for exit doors (how to secure, how to open); emergency evacuation plan;
emergency survival kit (location and contents); equipment (location and
operation).

T for traffic (scanning, spotting, notifying pilot); talking (sterile-cockpit
expectations).

Y for your questions? Speak up!

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 03:27:54 -0700 (PDT), virtuPIC
wrote:

Recently I came across an acronym to remember what to tell your
passengers before departure. Somehow I remember something like
'SAFETY' - but I cannot find the place where to look up the meaning of
the letters. Could be somewhere in rec.aviation.*, could be in AOPA
Pilot magazine.

Anyone else remembers? Any ideas?

virtuPIC

GeorgeC