Old May 19th 20, 06:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]

Default Watch This Electric Drag Racing Record Nearly Silently Fall - electric dragster.mp4

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

https://jalopnik.com/watch-this-elec...cord-nearly-si
le ntly-1843529789
This is like the 1950s hot rodding scene all over again. And it’s a
glorious time to be a gear head. EVs already own the Pikes Peak
record, how long until they own every track record? Whatever number
of years you’re thinking, I bet it’s sooner than that.

My Tesla goes from 0-60 in 3.6 seconds. When
I floor it you are literally thrown back in your
seat, very handy for entering freeways and taking
advantage of even slight gaps in traffic.

Sheesh...didn't know they could accelerate like that!

One key advantage is the lack of a transmission.
Those little pauses while your car changes gear add
up, wereas electric cars have constant acceleration
right up until their top speed.

Back in the day, I was an avid drag racing fan...saw Denny Milani kill
himself at 200 MPH while night racing at Half Moon Bay Drag Strip.

Our local NASCAR track does "time trial"
acceleration matches before the race proper,
and Teslas always win them. Masseratti is
coming out with an electric car that will
do 0-60 in 2 seconds. For $250,000........