Old January 27th 21, 05:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Levy

Default USA automated panel-cutting service?

On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 5:56:13 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Anybody able to recommend a USA company that can do automated panel
cutting (from CAD)? Or maybe in Canada? Fiberglass panel, typical glider
panel overall size, flat surface with uniform depth flange.
Thanks!

I recently created a panel design for a Cessna using Solidworks. I've done other panels and found it important to model the instruments and components to avoid interferences as many are larger behind the panel then they are in front. We used a nearby water jet shop to make the 5052 Aluminum panel that had to be bent. Waterjet can cut shapes that are difficult to do with round cutters. You may be able to get them to cut a preformed fiberglass panel.
I have plans to make new panels for my motor glider.