Old January 27th 21, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default USA automated panel-cutting service?

Rex cut my panel for my 27b. I too recommend modeling the instruments in 3D, especially near the edges of the panel, and for depth behind the panel. I discovered many issues prior to cutting the final panel. Also, you can cut a test panel from clear 1/8" plex, and assemble instruments into that so you can see where you might have cable access issues, crashes, etc. That will catch CAD layout mistakes, too. also good for testing visibility and front access while sitting in the cockpit.

Matt

On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:47:37 AM UTC-8, Me wrote:
On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 5:32:34 AM UTC-8, Hank Nixon wrote:
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 8:56:13 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Anybody able to recommend a USA company that can do automated panel
cutting (from CAD)? Or maybe in Canada? Fiberglass panel, typical glider
panel overall size, flat surface with uniform depth flange.
Thanks!

Try Rex Mayes at Williams Soaring. I understand that they have a source..
UH

Ditto what Doug said, the panel on my Ventus B is quite different in the back than the front, and different from the available template as well as far as mounting instruments is concerned. It's not even symmetrical left to right. If your install has some tight tolerances you will need to consider this.