Old December 26th 04, 09:13 PM
Orval Fairbairn

Default "The Aviator"

My wife and I went to see "The Aviator" yesterday.

Comments:

The planes and some of the flying sequences were great -- especially the
S-38 and the reproduction of the H-1 and the CGI of some of the other
planes.

Acting: Leonardo DiCaprio should *never* have been cast as a pilot! His
"flying" scenes looked like an airheaded actor playing pilot -- moving
the control wheel all over the place; the head motions and general
demeanor when "flying" were obviously the work of an actor and director
who knew absolutely nothing about flying planes.

Script: Hughes is talking about expanding TWA to international routes
(during the middle of WW-II) and talks about competition from other
airlines and mentions Lufthansa as a competitor. Lufthansa didn't get
resurrected until the 1950s -- 10 years *after* the movie conversation.