Old May 11th 04, 05:09 AM
Andy Durbin

Roy Bourgeois wrote in message ...
I am using an old version of CAE to view flights from
my 302/Compaq 1500. Yesterday (first flight this year)
all flight data was correct in the 1500 card but upon
transfer and display in CAE it shows the flight as
May 8 1994 - not 2004. No such problem last year.
Is this fixable? - or do I just take CAE outside and
shoot it?

TIA

Roy B.

CAE file selection "explorer" interprets the igc filename and includes
that information in the file directory before the file is opened for
viewing. All my flights for 2004 are identified as 1994. When the
file is opened the correct date is displayed. As pointed in another
10 years. CAE could extract the real date before displaying the file
selection window as it does extract the pilot name for display in the
file lists.

SeeYou does not attempt to interpret the file name and just presents
the plain IGC file name in a standard Windows Explorer file select
window. (File/Open)

I find the CAE file information useful. It far easier to pick a flight
by pilot name that to try to maintain a list of who owns what recorder
serial number. The file date problem is easily overcome by storing
files in individual directories named for the year of the flights.
CAI\flights\2004 etc.

Cambridge abandoned CAE several years ago when they chose not to
market an improved version of Explorer even thought it was fully
developed and ready for release. I very much doubt they will fix this
problem as it is a glitch in a feature that does not seem to be
offered by other popular analysis software.

Andy