Old May 11th 04, 03:05 PM
Tony Verhulst

....With SeeYou ver. 2.7 with Windows XP (at least), if you highlight
an IGC file in the file/open window, the pane on the right gives the flight
date, flight duration, pilot name, glider type, registration number, and
task details. All without opening the file.

I know this is off track but.... The information described above is
contained within the file itself and the only way to access file data is
to open it and then read it. You can't read without opening first. I
develop operating systems for a living (though not windows, God forbid)
so my concept of opening a file may be different from yours.

Tony V.