Old March 24th 07, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default How many here learned to fly under the "GI Bill?"

Ask Congress, the military does not control such benefits.

GI Bill training does help aviation, it employs CFIs, helps
support flight schools and with the lower number of military
trained pilots, it provides a pool of new pilots to charter
and airline operators.

But too many people used their training money and then just
quit flying, so Congress cut the budget.

"Blueskies" wrote in message
| What effect did the loss of the GI bill benefits have on
GA?