Old March 25th 07, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default How many here learned to fly under the "GI Bill?"

Blueskies wrote:
What effect did the loss of the GI bill benefits have on GA?

Why doesn't our military have a similar benefit today?

I didn't have direct access to GI Bill benefits as I'm not a veteran. I did,
however, get to fly a hell of a lot on long cross countries as a safety pilot...
cross countries paid for by the GI Bill. There's nothing like flying down to
Key Largo in a Cherokee Six for $6.50 / hour wet.

Those were the days. G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com