Old November 26th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

Default Airlines Cut Minimum Pilot Experience to 500 hours and Below

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message

Yep, now families and individuals can fly. Back in the 70's only
companies could afford to fly. Even with inflasion at trip that used
to cost $1500 can be found for under $200. Are you willing to pay an
extra $1300 per seat to ensure the pilot is paid more than he's
willing to work for?

Yeah, if he's fully-qualified. Seems glaringly freakin' obvious to me.
Otherwise, you could hire high school dropouts or ex-convicts to do it for
less.

"Hi. I'm not type-rated and don't have a driver's license or live in the
US, but I've logged -thousands- of hours on MSFS-X! I'll work for $12.50
per flight hour! Why would you pay pilots more than they're willing to work
for?"

The same could be said for business executives. Although I suppose Carly
Fiorina was WORTH all that money to HP.

-c