Old July 15th 20, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Default Tow Pilots and CFIG Wanted at Sandhill Soaring Club (Michigan)

On a side note some of the tow pilots and CFI’s donate their fees to the club that pays them, some do not. Depends on their individual situation.
My point is it’s all well and good to give back to aviation. But not all people feel that way. I’ve seen a couple of really good instructors and tow pilots leave the one club due to lack of remuneration. It doesn’t do any good to have free instruction if it’s not available.