Old December 9th 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Fuses in general

Brian:

Sounds like a good plan. I like the Anderson powerpole connectors
mainly because they have enough friction during connection to wipe the
surface clean of any oxidation, so give a good connection. I don't
use the roll pin to hold the two terminals together -- just squirt a
little hot melt into the matching indents. And yes, the automotive
blade fuses are an excellent installation on one of the battery
terminals. As for holding batteries down, I agree a metal hose clamp
is an accident waiting to happen. What's wrong with a short piece of
bungee cord?

Fred LaSor
SoaringNV
Minden, NV