Old October 11th 03, 04:32 PM
karl gruber

My guess is there are still enough Beechcraft loyalists to buy these King
Air's. I don't get it, but Beech has at times gone overboard in the King Air
service and warranty claims. I can remember getting warranty on a 20 year
old King Air 200. (A far cry from the whippings they gave the Bonanza
crowd!)

Plus, the 350 has it's niche. There is no better airplane for moving heavy
loads short distances in comfort. The 350 will carry a full load of
passengers and any baggage they can come up with, plus full fuel, and still
be 1000 pounds below gross.

What you're saying is nothing new. At $600,000, it was doubtful anyone would
buy a King Air in 1965! I flew for a man (RIP) who bought a brand new Lear
31A. For the money he could have bought three times the airplane, used. But
there are some who like to buy new, period. Plus, there are fantastic tax
benefits right now for buying new. It's like buying a new airplane for 1/2
off!

Best,
Karl