Old July 12th 04, 12:21 PM
GaryP

(JFLEISC) wrote in message ...

Use JB Weld! The regular type NOT the quick hardening stuff. Make sure
the area is oil free and cleaned with MEK or Carb Cleaning solvent.

Is this stuff fuel proof? Can a fuel tank leak be sealed the same way from the
outside?

Jim

I don't know. I've only used it for oil leaks which would have otherwise
required engine removal or case splitting. Mind you these were nuisance
leaks not major gushers. So far the JB Weld has held up without leaking.

For a fuel tank I would use Pro-Seal as it was designed for exactly for
what you are trying to do and is impervious to AvGas.

Gary