Old June 10th 07, 06:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Air to ground towing 2 - after some R&R

Paul wrote:
This was pretty common in Vietnam...

Today Army Helicopters are forbidden to do it.

Thanks Paul and Jimmy (for the repost)

I downloaded Jim's smaller size first, then went back for Paul's original
pic.

As well as resizing my repost, I've played around a little with the colour
balance, to remove the orange discolouring that everything in the '70s had
back then.

Looks like someone in the triple deuce broke through the hard outer layer to
find that soft creamy centre. I've done it with a Land Rover - but
never had a Chinook to pull me out though.

Otherwise, it's time to break out the spades ....

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	track lift 2 - resized and retouched.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	12294