Old November 5th 03, 12:49 AM
Morgans

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
ink.net...
Jim you don't find the 1500fpm number suspect? Once again lets see the
horsepower and weight and prop comparisons.

Jerry

I really don't want to give the impression that I believe all of the numbers
are accurate. I imagine that a complete and scientific POH may be lacking,
but although the numbers may be "slightly enhanced", I believe the owner
believes them.

The 1500 FPM was probably on an optimum day, but it could also be because of
the PSRU, that the prop is bigger, and being turned with more torque,
allowing a bit more pitch.

It is also not too hard to believe that it has better efficiency than the
Lycosarus.

I agree. I would love to see a full accounting given. It sounds as though
the people have done some good work, and are more than some of BOb's wanna
bees.

A big V-8 can work. I site Orenda, or however it is spelled. After all, it
is just 2/3rds of a V-12, and we all know they can work.
--
Jim in NC