Old January 15th 13, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Glider EFIS anyone?

On 1/15/2013 9:40 AM, soartech wrote:
I wonder if anybody in our small niche of aircraft instrument
design is working on a one-panel box that shows the usual flight
information.

You could eliminate the entire panel and just strap this to your leg
for about $900:

http://www.brauniger.com/en/products.../overview.html

And strap this to your back to eliminate the rest of the sailplane,
saving thousands more!

Seriously, the instrument is interesting, but putting it on the panel
would make it easier to use. I would not want to depend on the ASI, as
it looks very hard to read at a glance - OK for people with the wind
literally in their face, but not for us.

Two of them on the panel might be even better: one left on the flying
page, the other left on the navigation/soaring page. You can even get a
Flarm module for one of them, but it might not be legal in the USA.

email me)