Old May 24th 17, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Letter to the FAA

Agreed, government is in our lives enough.

Also, what about any site that uses the inverted mount Schweitzer hook? Currently looks like the mount change "fixes" the kiting issue regarding release, but the letter may force those installations to spend money for no good reason.

I think I understand the original though Walt wants to fix, but there are better ways to fix it.

Heck, writing a letter saying that low tow may be better in general since there is a bigger window to recognize the problem and fix it before there is a safety issue. Most glider training books even recommend low tow for long tows, like aero retrieves. I already know how that discussion will go on RAS.

Yes, I do most of my flying at a site that uses low tow for the majority of aerotows, have been since the early 70's.