Old June 30th 17, 01:14 PM
Walt Connelly Walt Connelly is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Marotta View Post
Walt,

I *loved* chicken snacks! A breast, a wing, a roll, and a hard boiled
egg for a quarter. The war ended when I was half way through UPT so I
didn't get the opportunity to become a Yankee Air Pirate.

Peace...

Dan

Dan, 5J[/i][/color]
Dan,

I don't take anything personally, i am not a person.

I am all about math and science but I did see the humor in this
comment and I am sure that Tom meant it that way. During the Vietnam
Police Action my squadron commander once said, we might die today and
then again we might not, so let's go fly the mission and see what
happens. In our case the most dangerous part of flying was the take
off. We were over and above maximum allowable war gross weight for our
aircraft, Go AiR FORCE. The second most dangerous part was that
inflight box lunch. But we still made the take off and I still ate that
lunch and I survived.

Have a great day.

Walt

[/i][/color]

--
Dan, 5J
I never saw the breast, wing, roll and hard boiled egg for a quarter. I favored the "do it yourself, roast beef box." Four pieces of white bread, a few slices of roast beef, (at least that's what they said it was) a few condiment packages, a piece of whatever fruit they had available, a pint of milk, that reconstituted with vegetable oil stuff, all place in what was affectionately known as the shoe box. I remember when the BX started carrying those mini, pop top cans of beenie weenies, mac and cheese and ravioli among other things. We had a heater on the aircraft...they were superior to the flight line lunches.

Then there was the quiet night when not much was going on, the DABs was asleep with his jacket over his head and a young officer, (he knew everything he would tell you) put a can of Ravioli in the heater without popping the top. With his nomex gloves he retrieved his lunch, sat back down and popped the top which resulted in a loud explosion (quickly getting the attention of everyone). There was Ravioli all over the place along with the red sauce making a few think someone had taken a round. The look on his face (covered in red tomato sauce) was to die for...The DABs was not amused. (DABs, Director, Airborne Battle Staff)

Walt