Old July 1st 17, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

Default Letter to the FAA

At 20:21 30 June 2017, wrote:
Pls also find one for an Aviat Husky and someone who is willing to

sign
off=
on the installation at the FAA without causing the airplane to be

downed
i=
n the weeks and months of waiting for the paperwork to be

processed. Or
ju=
st ask Husky to quit making available their type certificate approved

tow
h=
ook and release installation so we can use 4313 to produce our own.

Thanks

Tost offer their EASA approved retractor winch for a variety of aircraft
including the Husky A1, A1-A, and A1-B. They also offer the tow
release support alone for some aircraft including A1/A1-A and the A1-B.
It is an approved part of the EASA kit, not certified in itself. It may
be
worth contacting Tost for clarification.

Tost don't offer a kit for the L-19, possibly the USA is the only place
where this ex-military aircraft is used as a tug.