Old March 23rd 19, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default TOW PLANE Accident

The video pause is common on most Sports cameras. I have an EKEN H8, and in the manual it says "...The camera will record 10min. clips and overwrite the earliest clip when the microSD card is full." My previous camera recorded in 5 min clips (I guess the memory was smaller). It is annoying but can be stitched together afterwards. I imagine the cam processor is not big enough to record video to memory and write to the microSD card simultaneously, so it stops recording, writes to the card, wipes internal memory, then restarts recording. I'm told that the length of video clips is longer on cams like GoPro.