Old August 26th 19, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport for sale

On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 2:48:33 PM UTC-5, AS wrote:
On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 11:40:32 AM UTC-4, John Foster wrote:
On Monday, August 26, 2019 at 8:55:23 AM UTC-6, Rich Owen wrote:
Gary,

The response time of a fire truck going to Seminole-Lake is one item that affects insurance premiums. Since we are a commercial entity that has a 10,000 gallon fuel tank next to a hangar, having a supply of water nearby is a very good thing. Next time your out, we have a metal fence around a small dog house box next to the office. Inside that box is a hook up just like a fire hydrant. A fire truck can use our pool water as a water source. As in most rural areas, we do not have any fire hydrants anywhere near the property.

Um, spraying water on a fuel fire would be...bad. But I'd guess you already know that.

Yes, the fire fighters know that! They bring a nifty little device that injects something similar to liquid soap into the water they pump out of their pool to create a foam, which - hopefully - chokes off the O2 and extinguishes the fire.

Uli
'AS'

Proteins are commonly used to produce the foam action in firefighting foams.. Chicken feathers are a common source protein for firefighting foams. On behalf of my friends in the poultry industry: "You're welcome."