Old February 11th 20, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

Default _Glider_Towplane_Mid-air_–_TP_PowerFLARM_Inop

This seems to happen every few years, where the tow plane makes a left turn and the glider make a right and they come around and collide. I changed the way we do it here so that the glider only makes a slight right turn, and then keeps his eye on the tow plane, so that at least one of the pair of planes can more easily maintain separation. When both planes make a 360° turn, neither of them can see the other. This kind of accident is the result.

Boggs