Old April 22nd 20, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jp

Default Flight review

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 4:33:50 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I checked with my insurance company.Â* They told me that, without a
current flight review, I would have no coverage.

On 4/21/2020 5:03 PM, wrote:
On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 3:47:26 PM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 4/20/20 1:01 PM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Check FAA.gov, I believe they have extended recerts due to recent virus stuff.....
Yes, wings points cover part of the "BFR"...

They provided some relief on medical certificates, but that's not
relevant for U.S. glider pilots.

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=94991

How do the FAA expect pilots to know this? Are pilots expected to check the FAA website regularly?

--
Dan, 5J

Dan I checked with my insurance company a couple of weeks ago. I was told that while my insurance policy would remain and not be cancelled by my need for a flight review, any claim I might make while I was out of flight review currency would be denied. Claims I might make after I had accomplished a flight review, even though that flight review would be "late", would be accepted for evaluation and not for the flight review reason denied.

How would the insurance company know I was not flight review current? The company would review my logbook when I filed a claim to ensure that I was current.