Old September 17th 03, 05:03 AM
Charles Talleyrand

"David H" wrote in message ...
You'll find plenty of happy 150 and 152 owners he

New designs may bring lots of improvements, but you just can't be sure what
kind of unseen booby trap is waiting for you.

I'm sure that the light sport airplanes will have their advantages (if they ever
approve it, and if the planes ever appear) but it's pretty tough to beat the
humble old 150 or 152 for all-around, basic, cheap flying.

David H
1965 Cessna 150E
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA

I like my plane ('66 C-150) but paying for the eventual engine overhaul
will be no fun. The way a SLA can be cheaper is in the engine. The price
of an engine overhaul plus the price of my eventually runout plane might
approach the cost of a nice SLA plane, and some of them even cruise faster
than my C-150. Of course, so do some seagulls.

Seriously, cheaper engine overhauls plus bigger side windows would make
me awfully tempted. Any my plane is pretty nice for a C-150.