Old April 28th 16, 01:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

Default LS3a vs Pegasus

At 03:18 28 April 2016, IA DPE wrote:
I really wanted a Pegase, but I weigh 225 lbs, and best as I can tell by
the POH, max pilot weight of a 101 is 185. This is max weight of non
lifting surfaces minus empty weight.

If someone can show me different I'll certainly listen!

This varies per aircraft. Depends on the actual empty weight of non-lifting
components (fuselage, stabilizer), and therefore damage history and
equipment fitted. I have two in maintenance with a 225+ lbs max weight (227
and 231). 242 (and a bit) is maximum load per design specifications
(seatbelts and attachment) if max non-lifting is not reached before that.