Old May 6th 04, 03:17 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Roger Long" om said:
"JJS" jschneider@REMOVE SOCKSpldi.net wrote in message
I had a flying buddy do something similar last fall in a Velocity.
Sort of a falling leaf maneuver that he inadvertently entered and

A Velocity is a Canard, isn't it? They have some weird issues with
mushing. Leaving my plane trimmed for the bottom of the green arc, I was

Yeah, they get into something called "deep stall". I don't know the
aerodynamics exactly - something about the wing and the canard being
stalled at the same time or something, but I do remember a test pilot (and
Shuttle astronaut) getting killed testing this phenomena on a canard.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
God was co-pilot