Old November 30th 03, 11:26 PM
Darrell A. Larose

ArtKramr ) writes:
I'll start that one off with the P-39 Aircobra. Any more?

A.V. Roe Canada CF-105 Avro Arrow, a long range interceptor that only had
a 700 nm range. The is bearly enough to fly from CFB Cold Lake to
Whitehorse, Yukon. The concept as a interceptor that would meet a wave of
Soviet bombers over the high Arctic, but didn't have the legs to get there!

I was big, white and pretty... but I am one Canadian who the more I read
about it the poorer the a/c ends up being. In design during the same
period was Lockheed's A-11, A-12 and SR-71.