Old January 27th 10, 10:16 PM
Canberra Man Canberra Man is offline
Junior Member

Location: Wamphray. Scotland
Default Introduction

Why not have an introduction forum, most do.
I was born in 1930 and lived in Grimsby in Lincolnshire. Was nine when the war started and got used to sitting in an air raid shelter, listening to the bombs coming down and hoping our house would still be there. Left school at 14 and worked as a Naval Messenger at the Grimsby naval base HMS Beaver. Then worked french polishing and repairing pianos for a few years. Called up for National Service in the Royal Artillery. Three months after demob, I joined the Royal Air Force and became an electrical fitter. Worked on Avro Lincolns and Canberras. After service I worked in the food industry for 25 years. I was 30 years in Air Cadets as a Warrant Officer. Received the Long Service Medal and bar and the Commandants Commendation. At 79, still work part time at the local aviation museum and help my wife breeding miniature poodles.

Ken