Old December 9th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

Default Fuses in general

Borget B400 uses quick acting 0.5amp fuse type "M205" (meaning 5 x20mm)
5x20mm 250Vac
Borgelt B500 uses the same type in 1 amp
any fuse manufacturers 5x20mm fast acting fuse would be acceptable in the
proper value
these should be easy to find wil almost any electronics supplier
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"Tuno" wrote in message
Okay, neither my flight manual nor maintenance manual say what kind of
fuses I should be using between the batteries and instruments. The
printing on one looks to be T500L250V, which I understand to mean 0.5
amps, slow-blow, 250 Volts. (It's 5x20mm.)

I know that to protect my wiring I need something in the 2 to 3 amp
range, but slow-blow or fast-blow? Does it matter? In choosing the
fuse, do I consider only the wiring to the instrument, or do I
consider the instrument itself? (If it draws 300 mA peak, I imagine
the fuse must be at least 600 mA.)

I need to replace the blown T500L250V and get some spares for the
others -- I just don't know what to order.

~ted/2NO (software guy)