Old June 5th 13, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Croft Brown

Default fin/wing tanks freezing

It is folly to fly at high altitudes with water ballast on board. It is a
requirement to have an outside air temp gauge if your sailplane has water
tanks fitted (even if they are never used). I am amazed that this question
has even been posted.
cb

At 16:23 05 June 2013, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
I fly a Ventus C with integral tanks (no Bags) any issues with antifreeze
and carbon/fiberglass tanks? What would be the recommended amount?

Sounds
like an environmental hazard to dump, and I certainly dont want to land

wet
unless I have to.

I have had issues with the Ventus fully loaded with water where the flaps
seem to stick a bit. Not sure if it was a freezing leak or what, but was

little scary. Frozen rudder must not have been too fun.

Matt