Old September 2nd 08, 06:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Default When did this group change from?

Alan Erskine added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

"Maple1" wrote in message
When I first discovered this group it was a place for
aviation enthusiasts to share their work. A place to show
your photos and a place to share original work. When did this
group change from that to a group that you flood with photos
from other sources? Must be all those young computer geeks
that spend so much time in front of the computer that they
don't have time nor the talent to get a camera and take some
photos of their own. Soon when all us who still shoot are
dead and gone all we will have is others posting our work and
all the originality will be gone It is a shame.

This same argument was made over at a.b.p.animals on several
occasions. There is a group called a.b.p.animals.original -
maybe the same applies for aviation.

To continue the same argument here... where does it say the
images have to be original? As long as they are on-topic,
there should be no problem. As has been noted on .animals,
not all of the images shown on this group have ever been
original - you might want to talk to Mitchell about original
works - he's been posting here for some years now and he's not
the only one.

Also, if it is original work, you are placing that on a
public-access newsgroup; therefore, you have little say in
what is actually done to your images after they are posted -
how do you prove that you took them? There is no copyright
info attached; nobody can contact the OP (both Original Poster
and Original Producer) to ask for permission. Do you really
think people are simple looking at these images? I have
collected litterally thousands of images over the years - no
way of telling who the OP is or was.

This is exactly my point and for them who strongly disagree, I
will again call them bigots for having such narrow views.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet