Old September 25th 03, 10:33 PM
Denis Flament

tango4 wrote:

That's simply a non starter. Lets say you space the starts at 2 minute
intervals, in a field of 40 the last guy to start has 39 thermal markers
ahead of him. The first starter is 120km away on a medium competirion day.
Even I could gain 20 places given those conditions. Gaggling or more
precisely leeching has been the subject of many threads here and, I've no
doubt, at IGC meetings and around every club bar. We haven't found a
solution yet!

except if the start is in the order of the overall standings (first
first) and if the order at the finish line determines the new overall
ranking...

no leching, easy to understand for the public, and suspense up to the
last day guaranteed !

--
Denis
Private replies: remove "moncourrielest" from my e-mail address