Old October 13th 03, 06:59 AM
Daryl Hunt

"Replacement_Tommel"
'SINVA LIDBABY wrote in message
In article , Daryl Hunt

says...

"Replacement_Tommel"
'SINV ALIDBABY wrote in

message
In article , Daryl Hunt

says...

From what I saw, the A-10, although slower than a F-16, can do two

attack
runs
in the same time a F-16 can do one. The A-10 can loiter better than the

F-16.

Then you need to see better.

You need to read better.

"In the same time..." means in the same amount of time, an A-10 can do two
attack runs whereas the F-16 will only do one.

And the A-10 Pilot is more than twice as vulnerable to everything. You sure
put a low price on a Pilots Life.

What mission? It's main role for Tank busting was done by Bombers.

Nonsense. 80% of the MBTs taken out in Desert Storm were done by

A-10s -
even
the USAF has damitted that (USAF General Horner remarked that he took

back
everything bad he said about the A-10 because it "saved his ass.")

I don't know where you got your info (you made it up, of course)

Tell the USAF that:

http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/a...4/fedor2a.html

mercy snip

You will not that it said "Ground Vehicles". If the A-10 had done the bulk
of the Armor killing as you have claimed, it would have made that claim.
Ground Vehicles consist of trucks more than anything else. And ANY type of
A or F could do this. Bring back the OV-10 or the armed version of the O-2
and they could do it as well. The A-10 was primarily used AFTER the
Fighters and Bombers killed the Armor and made everyone put their heads
down.

End of discussion, Troll Boy.